Glacier Lodge Eqi
Do you have a weakness for adventure combined with high comfort, spectacular experiences, and wild nature? Well, then a stay at Glacier Lodge Eqi is the perfect vacation for you.
Transport to Glacier Lodge Eqi
Your Greenlandic adventure begins here
The Eqi Glacier is located about 80 km north of Ilulissat and it is only accessible by boat or helicopter. When you book a stay at Glacier Lodge Eqi, your experience therefore begins with a unique boat trip from Ilulissat to the Eqi Glacier. The boat trip from Ilulissat to Eqi is not just a matter of transportation. It is where your exclusive stay begins.
On the way we pass tiny settlements, steep fields, beautiful waterfalls and icebergs in incredible shapes and colors. And that is before two glaciers and the enormous Icesheet is in sight. If we are lucky we might even spot seals and whales on the way.
- The boat trip lasts for approximately 3,5 hour each way.
- A 2-hour lunch stop in front of the glacier is included on the way to Eqi.
- The boat departs Ilulissat during morning.
- The boat arrives at Glacier Lodge Eqi in the afternoon.
- Arrival in Ilulissat at dinnertime.
- A light breakfast, lunch, coffee/tea and a lecture on the area are all included on the way to Eqi
- Afternoon cake and tea and coffee is included on the way to Ilulissat.
- Transfer from Hotel Arctic, Hotel Icefiord or Disko Line Explorer to and from the boat is included.
Sustainability and caretaking is part of our DNA at World of Greenland.
We are a Greenlandic company with a Greenlandic CVR. Among other things, this means that all our corporate tax and personal tax is paid locally in Avannaata Kommunia. It also means that everything we do is rooted in the local environment and commitment.
Our glacier lodges have a truly unique location right next to the glacier in the northern hemisphere that calves most often. Here, the effects of global warming are undoubtably made visible.
Therefore, we have taken a number of steps to ensure that our lodges and your stay at Glacier Lodge Eqi are as sustainable as possible and have a minimal impact on the area.
In other words, we make it easier for you to travel Greenland in a green way.